ASU Events Management Website
DTI Engineering’s team worked with the prestigious Herberger Institute for Design and the Arts and School of Music at Arizona State University (ASU) to develop web-based tools for calendar management, performance hall usage reservations, and internal approval process. The tools are used by the local community and ASU staff/students.
A major feature of our solution is flexibility and ease of use. The system DTI Engineering created is designed so the staff can change data and information that is stored for each event without any software programming knowledge. In addition, submission reservation forms are dynamic based on selection a selection matrix tree. The solution is a database driven, flexible, easy to use based on a collection of PHP functions that help ASU’s target operations run more efficiently.
Major functions included:
- Event submission, editing and approval system that interfaced to custom internal ASU software infrastructure
- Calendar/Database configuration system allows staff to change structure of database without having to rewrite all the supporting code
- Photo upload and resizing (thumb nailing) system (can support multiple photos)
- PDF file upload and ability to link to file from event
- API system for event data/photo/file retrieval
- Ability to link to static pages that contain event details instead of standard dynamic page
- Auto Archive/Auto delete functionality for expired events, configurable on a per-unit basis
- Event submission/admin edit form
- Calendar/database configuration interface
- Provided detailed API documentation as well as code examples to aid ASU staff in integrating the new system into existing and new web pages